As always, at Silk Therapeutics we take pride in providing you with clean and effective anti-aging skincare products, and providing as much information as we can about them. In this second post of the ‘Lab Notes’ blog series, we wanted to give you a visual on the inside look on the process of creating liquid silk skincare.
1) The basis for the Silk Therapeutics skincare line is our liquid silk formula. To make it, we purify the natural silk protein fibroin.
2) Through a process patented by Silk Therapeutics, fibroin—real silk protein–is liquefied into a formula that has key properties for skincare. Our pure silk protein is water soluble, which allows delivery to the skin for deep penetration without fillers that may occlude your pores.
3) The International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients, or INCI, identifies each ingredient by its chemical composition as part of the governing regulatory system. In addition to having been awarded a US patent, our liquid silk formula was recently given its own INCI designation in recognition of its uniqueness- the first time pure silk protein is available for use in skincare.
4) Liquid silk is combined with other healthful, beneficial ingredients such as vitamin C to produce our highly effective serums, moisturizers, peels and targeted treatments.
5) The Silk R&D team is always experimenting with ingredients and new products to deliver you the results you deserve without ingredients you don’t need.
Phthalate, Paraben, and Fragrance-Free
No Testing on Animals, Cruelty Free
Giving Back: Our Charitable Mission
We provide our clean, luxury skincare to an oncology patient, with every purchase.
Look for the EWG VERIFIEDTM seal on select products
For the gold standard in health and wellness.
Get to know who makes your skincare
Join our vibrant community, the place for Exclusive offers • Skincare 101 • Lab tours • Pro tips
We love sharing what we do, and why we do it.
skincarebysilk We've had a great experience working with @octoly to pre-release some of the Limited Edition products launching next week via our new LabGrab program. LabGrab has been a long time in the making. And it's a special kind of thrill to watch the devoted #skincarecommunity